Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Love/Hate Relationship with Apple


light #2
Originally uploaded by blakie.
Most of the time I love Apple, their OS has found its mark, the consumer and pro software is making noise and can do incredible things. Their hardware??? up until today... I wasn't so pleased, but I could over look it.

There used to be a time when I would stay up all night before the macworlds sifting through the apple site for "prereleases" of information. Now I've come to realize that there are more important things in life. Sure the toys are cool but do I hafta be one of the first to know?

Okay maybe, in a small sence I do... I kept a chat window open as a macrumors reporter sent out small tidbits of info on the new developments. I even watched the Steve Jobs Keynote later last night so I could actually see the software and devices I had read about.

They have a way of making you love them, and just when you think the honeymoon's over they do just that little thing you've been hoping for. Believe it or not, this is one of the things that makes me hate them.

Apple is a tease. sure they make great product, but only so great... not over the top "OMG! Im dying of orgasm" great but "you can look, but dont touch" great. they have become that tease of a first girlfriend you had in middle school. People will rush out to stores to buy it and find that its lacking that one key component that would put it over the top.

They almost NEVER take that last step. its so disappointing at times. and yeah I feel that way with iLife '06. once I actually have a copy in hand I'll review each app and give it a proper review. until then, I'll say this. I like the suite, (otherwise, I wouldn't buy it.... right?) but from what I've seen and read... its missing some key elements that could have made it... insanely great!

Stay tuned...
More info is coming

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home